Volunteer Opportunities at Shepherd's Spring
Share your talent for a few hours, a day, a weekend or more.
Volunteer support insures that Shepherd’s Spring is successful in providing an excellent and memorable experience for all who participate. Volunteer application.
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Grounds and Facilities - at least 18 years of age; cleaning, painting, and trail maintenance, along with other site maintenance tasks.
- Food Service - preparation, service and cleanup. Accommodations can be provided for extended stay helpers.
- Office - help with mailings and other office duties.
- Hospitality - receive training to host for weekend or longer events, provide support to rental groups or during Road Scholar programs. Hosts provide a friendly face, answer questions, and extend hospitality to our guests.
- Heifer Global Village - assist with programming and work with a variety of ages.
- Summer Camp Volunteers - working with youth can be a satisfying, challenging and often an hilarious endeavor! Summer Camp Volunteers may choose from three opportunities:
- Cabin Counselor - must be at least 18 years old and spend the week living with and guiding campers. Our camper-to-counselor ratio is small: 4 to 1, which facilitates a family atmosphere in the cabin and in small group sessions. Lead small group Bible study, activities and games, and other fun, learning adventures. Cabin counselors are expected to be Christian role models, show an appreciation for God's creation and MUST participate in a training event before their week of summer camp.
- Activities Counselor - responsible for leading specific small or large group activities and should be knowledgeable and have some experience in leading the activity of their choice, such as basket making, soap making, fire building, wilderness skills, recreational games, etc. Activities Counselors may stay on-site for a week, for multiple sessions, or can come on special days during camp for their activity. They may also lead one or more different activities.
- Camp Support Volunteers - help with behind the scenes task at camp, including cleaning restrooms, sweeping and mopping the dining hall, filling water jugs, setting up activity areas, etc. Camp Support Volunteers may stay for an entire week or come in as needed.
Volunteers can and do make a BIG difference in the lives of all who join us at Shepherd's Spring.
Contact us to learn more about our volunteer opportunities.