Two day/one night program for 6th grade - adult
By far our most popular program!
Participants delve deeper into the causes and effects of hunger and poverty, focusing on issues such as health, clean water, nutrition, economic disparity, and lack of education.
In this role-playing simulation, participants become “citizens” of a particular house for the evening and must work together to trade for food with the other houses, cook their own meals, and spend the night in the global village.
It looks fun and easy, but success is not guaranteed!
Group size: 12 to 80 people
Chaperone requirement: One adult for every 8 youth; minimum 3 adults
Pricing: Varies by group size, season, and other factors
Cost: Starts at $75 per person
Sample Global Gateway schedule:
- 2:00pm Arrive, welcome & orientation
- 2:15pm Introduction to work of Heifer International and world issues
- 3:30pm Walking tour of Heifer Global Village
- 5:00pm Overnight experience in Global Village begins
- 7:30pm Small-group discussions, spend night in Global Village
- 8:00am Breakfast in Global Village, clean up & finish morning chores
- 9:00am Reconvene in Lower Level classroom for debrief discussions and activities
- 11:30am Program finished. Receive Grab-N-Go sack lunches & depart