Café del Mundo
Coffee with a Cause
Visit the front lobby of the Lodge where you will find the new Café del Mundo, which translates to "World Coffee".
This shop not only only sells the best fair trade organic coffees from around the world which are roasted by Café Campesino, but the proceeds help send a *Title One Kid to experience a week of summer camp here at Shepherd's Spring. (*Title One Kids are local kids struggling with poverty.)
Click here to download the Café del Mundo booklet to learn more about poverty, children as our hope, and coffee as a solution.
The design of the coffee shop is to reflect some of the model homes seen in our Global Village that represent homes found in other countries. For example, the orange wall with the blue window represents Kenya, the thatch roof represents Mozambique, and the bamboo wall represents Thailand.
Café del Mundo is a work in progress, and began to evolve during the COVID-19 pandemic, as many of the programs at Shepherd's Spring were canceled or postponed. The staff wanted to use their time wisely and be creative in helping those in the community.
What is sold in Café del Mundo?
• One pound bags of organic fair trade coffee beans, roasted by Café Campesino for $20.00 per bag. The proceeds help send a kid to camp.
• Brewed coffee, warm drinks such as lattes, mochas, and cappuccino using organic, fair trade expresso.
• Camp store items, such as t-shirts, mugs, hats and other items.
Is the coffee shop open daily?
• Currently, the shop is not open daily. It is open when groups are on the property, such as retreat groups, during Summer Camp check-in and check-out, and during special events.
What if I don't want to buy coffee, but still want to support the cause?
• You can make a donation to our Summer Camp Scholarship Fund here.